Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good Morning to you, Good Morning to you, We're all in our places with great smiling faces...

That's the song that we usually sign to Elliott when he wakes up. It is quite amazing that he wakes up every morning with a smile on his face, he has a much better disposition than either of his parents when faces with a new dawn.

It's also one of the ways that I make money while I stay at home with him.

Every morning I call a woman whom I've never met and whom I know little about. I tell her that it's time for her to get up. She usually grunts at me, then I hang up and call her back five minutes later to tell her that this time she really does have to get up. I am a human alarm clock, and it's one of my 'jobs'.

I've been doing this for about 6 months now. I answered an online ad posted by this lady who was close to being fired from her job because she couldn't seem to find an alarm clock that worked for her. Every alarm that she tried failed, because she'd wake up when it went off, hide it, and go back to sleep. Now she has me calling her, giving her human interaction, and not hanging up until I hear her running water in her bathroom. She hasn't been late to work since we started this, and she pays me weekly via Paypal. It's the best job I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment