Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

Now this is a story all about how, my life got flipped turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became a stay at home dad to our precious son Elliott, who turns one year old today.

The lyrics tailed off a little there, my apologies.

Welcome to my blog, a tale of stay at home dadness. While there are many of us, we are a misunderstood breed and our stories often go unheard. Here you will hear great tales of life at home with an infant, the perils of a missed nap time, and the hilarity of diaper malfunctions. Welcome to my new life.

I live with Alise, my fiancee; Coco, our large, loving Labrador; Logan, Random, Havoc and Olive; our 4 psychotic cats, and Elliott; our one year old. Quite possibly the HAPPIEST BABY WHO HAS EVER BEEN BORN EVER!, he's a delightful chap and he made my decision to quit my job and be a stay at home poppa easy. Two weeks ago my boss was a stubborn and cantankerous soul who barked word-like commands and expected great things from me (just kidding Barb!), now my boss is Elliott; who shares many of her traits but who also needs to be fed, watered, changed and soothed. While Alise brings home the bacon, I shall cook it and clean the kitchen while the little guy sleeps. Life shall be challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment